Last modified: December 2015
Synctrix LLC ("Synctrix” or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at www.synctrix.com (the "Website") or use the Synctrix application (the “Application”) (the Website and Application are collectively referred to as the “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website or through the Application.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website or the Application, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Synctrix or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website or Application. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number ("Personal Information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as viewing patterns, shows and movies you watch, preferences, etc.; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website and Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you contact us and when you report a problem.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order.
- Your search queries on or through the Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or Application.
- Information about your device, computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Synctrix, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
The Services do not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third party services accessed through the Services honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and Application.
- To allow you access to third party service provider accounts
- Hosting and backend infrastructure purposes
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Registration and authentication
- Handling payments
- Commercial affiliation
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Interaction with support and feedback platforms
- Managing support and contact requests
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Synctrix's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Synctrix about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Synctrix, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form]). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Synctrix. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Synctrix to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form]) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Synctrix as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the order form/registration form. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us or change your information in your Google account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Synctrix LLC, 6515 S. Waco Ct., Aurora, CO 80016.